Lasagna with Italian Sausage and Ground Beef Recipe
Lasagna with Italian Sausage and Ground Beef Recipe | Lasagna is a few things that seem to love. It’s ooey and gooey and saucy and rife with flavor. And it also feeds there are many! Don’t, I will not be mad if you do not like lasagna. All people have their very own preferences. With that said, let’s be real…it would rare that you’ve got someone over for dinner and perhaps they are disappointed when lasagna comes up to the table. Seriously.
This recipe originated from Travis family. It’s slightly adapted but it is very similar to when I obtained it. Delicious bear in mind! The leading difference tends to be that I typically use ground turkey instead of ground beef. Both add a good flavor. Plus in the sausage in there I honestly can’t know the difference between ground beef and turkey. So use what you love or what you’ve gotten!
Easy Lasagna with Italian Sausage and Ground Beef Recipe
Lasagna is a dash of a procedure but eventually, it is worth the cost! One wonderful thing about lasagna is that you can easily freeze and thaw it before baking it for those times you ensure that it is, you might as well make a whole lot of it to enable you to already have it a few times! Or, for people with company coming this is an excellent make-ahead dish to ensure all you want to do is pop it on the oven. Easy peasy.
Travis and I have been making homemade pasta for a while now so we made homemade lasagna noodles for this. So. gosh. darn. good. Don’t get me wrong, this lasagna is scrumptious with or without the fresh noodles. BUT, lasagna with fresh pasta is definitely eating pillows of noodles covered in gooey cheese and meaty tomato sauce. Yeah. Just stop and think this in a minute…pillows of pasta. gooey cheese. meaty sauce. Enough said.
- 1 pound ground turkey (or ground beef)
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can whole tomatoes (28 ounces)
- 1 can tomato paste (12 ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese + 1/2 cup for topping
- 16 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 box lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- Brown ground turkey and sausage in a large pan over medium heat. Drain any excess fat and add the garlic to the pan. Sauté 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and tomato paste. Slightly break apart the tomatoes as you stir. Stir in the basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, stir together the cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and grated mozzarella cheese.
- In an ungreased 9 x 13″ pan, alternate layers of sauce, noodles, and cheese, starting with a little sauce on the bottom. End with a layer of sauce and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
This recipe can easily be frozen after assembly then thawed and baked as directed!
Incoming another recipes :
- lasagna spinach sausage ground beef recipe