Easy Mario Batali Meatball Recipe
Today Recipes | Easy Mario Batali Meatball Recipe – 25-30 years ago I found a recipe for these little gems that is basically just like yours but at the end they added a tsp. of instant coffee granules to the gravy. I never buy instant coffee, but after trying this twist on the recipe, I always make sure I have some on hand. Just stir it in and let simmer just 3-5 minutes more and it gives such an incredible taste you won’t believe it, very subtle. Hope you enjoy it if you try it. Enjoy!
Easy Mario Batali Meatball Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
20 Minutes 15 Minutes
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 35 ml cream (OPTIONAL — makes the meatballs more tender in the center)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large clove garlic , grated or minced (OPTIONAL)
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon EACH of black pepper and ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Grillkrydda (OR ‘all spice’ OR ‘all-purpose seasoning’)
- 1/2 of an onion , finely chopped
- 1 pound | 500g ground beef (mince)
- 1/2 pound | 250g ground pork (mince)
- 2 tablespoons fresh , finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup plain / all-purpose flour
- 250 ml | 1 cup vegetable broth (or stock)
- 250 ml | 1 cup beef broth (or stock)
- 1 cup thickened (or heavy) cream*
- 2 teaspoons regular soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper , to season
- In a large bowl, mix the breadcrumbs together with the milk, cream (If using), egg, garlic, salt, peppers and spice. Allow the milk to soak into the breadcrumbs for at least 10 minutes.
- Once the milk has absorbed some, add in the onion, meat(s) and parsley. Mix well with your hands to combine.
- Roll meat into about 24 small balls, or 16 larger balls.
- Heat 1 tablespoons of butter and 2 teaspoons of oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Fry meatballs in batches of two so they don’t stew or simmer. Transfer to a warm plate and cover with foil.
- Add the 1/3 cup butter to the juices in the pan to melt. Whisk in the flour until it dissolves and turns brown in color. Pour in the broth (or stock), cream, soy sauce and Dijon. Bring to a to simmer and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix the sauce through well to combine all of the flavors together.
- Continue to simmer until thickened.
- Non Swedish way: Place meatballs into the gravy in the pan and serve
- Traditional Swedish way: Do not make the cream sauce at all. Serve meatballs over plain or stewed macaroni, plain or mashed potatoes, and lingberry jam (optional)
*Replace heavy or thickened cream with reduced fat cream if you wish to reduce calories)
1) I use a mixture of ground beef and pork (mince) in my recipe, but you can use all beef is you don’t have or like pork
2) To make the meatballs lower in carbs, use almond meal to replace the breadcrumbs. Also, use 1 tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons of water to replace the flour in the gravy sauce. Just add the cornstarch mixture at the end, while continuously stirring, over low heat until sauce has thickened.
3) I like to grate my garlic clove with the small part of a grater. You can use minced garlic if you prefer.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Mario Batali Meatball Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- mario batali meatball recipe baked
- mario batali meatball recipe
- mario batali meatballs recipe
- mario batali small recipe
- mario batali spaghetti & meatball recipe