Easy Crispy Waffle Recipe
todayrecipes.us | Searching for a waffle recipe to share with you for quite some time? We’ve got lots of pancake recipes, but no waffles. We’ve tried different types of Waffle recipes. We loved some, especially this if they are light, crisp and deliciously yeasty. The problem? You really need to make the batter the night before and as much as we wish we thought that far ahead, we just don’t — not usually anyway.
The recipe made it into our recipe box, but we still needed a simpler, quicker version — the one we’d most likely pull out when the yearning for fresh, hot waffles on a Sunday morning hits. After a few more trials, we found we loved buttermilk waffles — again, though, they didn’t match our need for the everyday, make on a whim waffle. (We never have buttermilk in our fridge and if we do, it’s most likely expired).
Finally, we stumbled onto this recipe. It’s simple, takes little time to prepare, uses ingredients we always have in our kitchen and makes homemade waffles that are light and crisp with tender, chewy middles. Perfect.
Preparation time Cook time
15 Minutes 20 Minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, plus more for brushing waffle iron
- 4 tablespoons vegetable shortening, melted
- 2 large eggs
Special equipment: Waffle iron
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (to keep cooked waffles warm). Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together the milk, butter, shortening and eggs in another bowl. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and gently stir until just incorporated (it’s okay if there are some lumps).
- Lightly brush the top and bottom of the waffle iron with butter. Fill the waffle iron about three-quarters of the way full (some waffle iron should still be showing). Close the lid gently and cook until the waffles are golden brown and crisp, 6 to 7 minutes. Keep the cooked waffles warm in the oven or covered with foil on a plate while you make the remaining waffles.
- Serve with maple syrup, butter, sugar or fruit preserves.
- You also can add up choco chips or nutela.
*some useful notes: The waffles can be frozen in resealable plastic bags for up to 1 month. Reheat in a toaster oven or 300 degrees F oven until warmed through and crisp.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Crispy Waffle Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.