Easy Chicken and Spinach Lasagna Recipe Jamie Oliver
Easy Chicken and Spinach Lasagna Recipe Jamie Oliver | In the spirit of trying out new recipes from cooking books that I’ve bought, take a look at have Jamie Oliver’s Simple Baked Lasagne from his “Jamie’s Dinners: The Essential Family Cookbook&rdquo ;.I really like lasagne, but haven’t cooked any since… hmmm 2006? That’s like 4 years ago. The final time I made lasagne, the white sauce recipe was from San Remo’s Dried Lasagne Box (there’s a very good recipe behind the box). The sauce recipe I bought from my mother, which is just like a thicker version on the bolognaise sauce. But on this occasion, I want to to follow along with JO’s recipe. I must rule out a lot of the ingredients that they used like panchetta/bacon/pork belly/red wine as I wouldn’t eat all of that. In ways, I modified his recipe to get ideal for Muslims like me.
Chicken and Spinach Lasagna Recipe Jamie Oliver
INGREDIENTS FOR LASAGNE:
- Fresh Mushrooms, sliced (tin mushrooms would also do if you don’t have fresh ones)
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Carrot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- Herbs (sage, oregano, rosemary, thyme) – OR Mix Dried Spaghetti Bolognaise Herbs
- Olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- Minced Beef or Chicken
- 2 x 400g tins of Diced Tomatoes
- Some dried chilli flakes or chilli powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 400g Fresh Lasagne Sheets
- 400 g Mozarella
INGREDIENTS FOR WHITE SAUCE
- 1x500ml tub of Thick Cream / creme fraiche
- 3 anchovies finely chopped OR Anchovies Powder / Serbuk Perasa
- 2 handful of Parmesan Cheese
- Fry mushroom & cinnamon powder with oil.
- Add onions, carrots, garlics, herbs and 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Mix together, then add in minced beef/chicken
- Cook for 5 minutes
- Add in tinned Tomatoes and bring to boil
- Get greaseproof paper/baking paper, wet it and place it on top of the plan while it simmers and cooked
- Season sauce with salt, pepper and chilli flakes
- FOR WHITE SAUCE: in a bowl, mix thick cream, anchovy powder, parmesan, salt & pepper (if mixture is too thick, add some milk)
- ASSEMBLE: Rub base with olive oil – lasagne sheets – meat sauce – white sauce & sprinkle parmesan – lasagne sheets – meat sauce – white sauce & parmesan – lasagne sheet – white sauce – the very top should be mozarella & parmesan.
- Bake at 200C oven for 30-35 minutes.
I used minced chicken, in lieu of beef (coz that’s what I had in the fridge); used mixed spaghetti bolognaise herbs, in lieu of fresh ones though (sorry JO!); used diced peeled tomatoes in cans in lieu of plum tomatoes; didn’t use merlot nor add water because there’s liquid from the tomato cans already; didn’t find bay leaves in the supermarket; opted out of the butternut squash and coriander seeds; and for the sauce, used light thickened cream and “serbuk perisa ikan bilis” (dried Asian anchovies seasoning) in lieu of anchovies. And in lieu of frying panchetta with cinnamon at the beginning, I used mushrooms instead, because Everyone loves mushrooms and I understand they provide out great flavours in food. So after everything was seasoned to taste and assembled, I popped inside the baking dish inside the microwave in order to smoke for 30 minutes. After which here it is. I added some poached vegetables that has a dash of organic extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper about the side. The actual result: such a delicious lasagne! His recipe of not using bechamel sauce and used cream instead helps make the lasagne less heavy, and Everyone loves the salty-cheesy crispy top. I believe a combination of parmesan and anchovies seasoning inside the cream go properly together with the sauce mixture. My husband and I both loved it completely and we can not help to merely appreciate how great the lasagne tasted, but with some components of adjustments. Thanks JO for such great and truly quick and simple recipe!
Incoming another recipes :
- chicken lasagna recipe jamie oliver
- chicken and spinach lasagne jamie oliver